What I’m Reading This Summer: Collin McKinney

Welcome to the penultimate faculty story in our series, “What I’m Reading This Summer.”  This post features Collin McKinney, Associate Professor of Spanish.  Collin’s teaching and research interests include nineteenth century Spanish literature and culture, the novels of Benito Pérez Galdós, and masculinity studies.

Collin is also a devoted family man, who takes his children on many fun adventures in the Susquehanna Valley, across the country, and around the globe.  This summer, he is also taking time to share some reading interests with his kids.

He says, “I’m currently trying to read some of the books my kids like, so that I have something to talk about with them.  I just finished a graphic novel, American Born Chinese, and am now working on a couple of manga that my daughter likes, Black Butler and Attack on Titan.”

In the classroom this fall, Collin will be serving as a Senior Fellow in the Languages and Cultures Residential College.  He will also be teaching an upper level course called “Portraying Spanish Masculinity.”