G Suites has just released updates to its apps for Gmail and Calendar, and they are terrific! One of our students really likes how he can get email immediately now with the app, as opposed to a delay of up to 30 minutes using the built-in Mail app. Some other Gmail improvements include:
- Undo Send, just like you do on the desktop, to prevent embarrassing email mistakes
- Search faster with instant results and spelling suggestions (like when you type “flighht,” but you really meant “flight”)
- Swipe to archive or delete, to quickly clear items out of your inbox
Calendar also has improvements, including
- Month view and week in landscape view, so you have even more ways to see your schedule at a glance.
- Spotlight Search support, so you can search for events, Reminders and Goals in Apple’s Spotlight Search and find what you’re looking for faster.
- Alternate calendars. If you often look up dates in a non-Gregorian calendar — like Lunar, Islamic, or Hindu — you can now add that calendar to easily see those dates alongside your current calendar.